Bitcoin Price Daily report — August 20th, 2018
The BTC/USD Daily report for August 20th, 2018
The 1 day range for BTC is $6382.0 – $6524.0. It is currently down 0.68% in the last 24 hours.
Today’s Bitcoin Price Headlines
- “Over the past few months, analysts have been divided on the effect of the ruling of the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regarding Bitcoin ETFs on the crypto market.
Brian Kelly, a contributor to CNBC’s Fast Money and the CEO at BKCM, previously explained that the rise in the price of Bitcoin from the lower end of $7,000 to $8,000 in early August could be attributed to the increasing hype around Bitcoin ETFs.”
- “Bitcoin’s energy consumption has become a recent talking point in the debate. A Forbes article published May 30 indicates that bitcoin dramatically increases global energy consumption – and that electricity is its “Achilles heel.”
I am a researcher who studies clean energy technology, specifically the transition toward decarbonized energy systems. I think that the conversation around bitcoin and energy has been oversimplified.”
BTC/USD Trading Technicals
Technicals from Tradingview.com
I think we were expecting this little drop today; after two or three days of upward price action. This is a correction from hitting above $6500; though it’s still a positive sign that we’re under 1% of a drop.
In even more optimistic news, we’re seeing BUY indicators above for the first time in WEEKS; yes, we have had all SELL or NEUTRAL for two weeks now and we’re just now seeing some Moving Averages and MACD enter into the Buy position.
BTC/USD Trading Charts
As we did yesterday, we’ll show a LONG and a SHORT chart today.
Our first chart is from user turningmecard with a SHORT historical chart:
Our second chart is from user goldbug1 with a LONG chart:
Daily Altcoin Events
- Bittrex starts listing ETC/USD
- Storiqa will be available for trading on Tokenomy
- ZCoin will be available for trading on Huobi
Many altcoins featured on this list can be traded on Binance.
Bitcoin logo courtesy of bitcoin.org