Users will now be able to buy and sell RNS Domains using the RIF Marketplace and the concept of blockchain domain name systems. According to a recent blog post released by RIF, individuals will be able to exchange RNS domains using the RIF Marketplace and in just very simple steps. It is now possible to access this functionality using the RSK Mainnet.
Buy and Sell RNS Domains Through the RIF Marketplace
Blockchain technology companies continue working and expanding their solutions. This time RIF will be offering users the possibility to buy RIF Name Services using a marketplace developed exclusively for them.
RIF Name Services (RNS) allow developers to give human-readable names to blockchain addresses. This is going to make things easier for users that are working on a regular basis with blockchain addresses for regular transactions. You can start using RNS Domains using the RNS manager through the following link.
This RIF Marketplace is going to be very useful for users to list their domains, select a selling price and wait for another interested user to buy it. The platform is going to be very intuitive and it will allow buyers to search for the available domains and purchase them in just a few taps.
It is worth pointing out that the RIF Marketplace is going to be working as escrow. That means that users can be sure their funds will be protected at all times while using the marketplace. This will also be ensuring the proper release of the domain after the funds are received. In addition to it, RIF has released a full guide that would help users understand how to start buying and selling their RNS domains.
RIF has also explained in a very detailed way how to buy RNS Domains. In order to do so you will have to follow these steps:
- Go to the RIF Marketplace and select “Name Services” to get the RNS Domains Marketplace
- Search, choose and then press “Select” on the domain you want to buy. This will take you to the purchase confirmation screen.
- You will have all the information about the Domain name and a “Buy Domain” button which would allow you to confirm the transaction.
- Once several confirmations have been received, then you will have a confirmation message that will be displayed on your screen.
Take into consideration that the time that it takes to confirm the transaction is strictly necessary to increase the safety of the site and the whole buying and selling process.
If you want to sell a domain, the steps are very similar.
- Go to the RIF Marketplace and select “Name Services”. Instead of searching the domain and buying it, you will have to go to the Sell tab on the top left side of the screen. This will allow you to see all the domains you own that that would be available for selling.
- Once you are sure about the domain you want to sell, you can directly click on “Select” and the next steps are going to be very easy.
- Select the price at which you want to sell your domain and press “List domain.”
- There are going to be two transactions. The first one is to get an approval for the Domain transfer, and the second one is going to be related to the Placement of the transaction. You will receive information about the whole process.
You will have the possibility to know more about RNS Domains and how the system works using the User Guide or the technical documentation uploaded to the Dev Portal. Further information about the RIF Marketplace can be also found in GitHub.