Zeedz is a play-for-purpose game, meaning that it’s designed to raise awareness and generate financial contributions for causes. In this case, that cause is global warming and climate change. It’s the first game of its kind and it was created with the goal of turning the act of playing into an easy segue into taking climate action. The game is also a blueprint for the next generation of purpose-driven games where players can have fun while also making a difference in the world around them.
Do you remember the excitement of collecting your favorite monsters as kids? And now it is going to make it even better. This game lets you collect monsters and level them up, but the leveling process actually funds real-world climate protection projects. It is an exciting game that you will love and it’s all about helping to save the planet.
If you’re interested in learning more about this game and how it works, here is a complete guide.
What type of game is Zeedz?
Zeedz is the first play-for-purpose game that lets you help the environment by collecting creatures called Zeedles to reduce global carbon emissions. Zeedles live as non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on an eco-friendly blockchain and grow according to real-world weather patterns.
How does it work?
- Get it – Zeedles are hatched from Zeeds and you must first obtain a Zeed. You can get one from the marketplace or in ZeedPacks. There are different families of Zeedles such as Rockys or Sandys. Each family has its own unique attributes, so pick a Zeedle that suits your needs best.
- Plant it – To hatch a Zeed, it will need to plant it in the right kind of terrain and keep it watered for a certain period of time. Zeeds are played on the real world map, so they include live weather in each region. Find the perfect spot and you’ll be hatching in no time.
- Hatch it – When a first Zeedle hatches, it will be ready to defend the world. This little monster will start at level 1 as well as on the first evolution stage and will belong to a Zeedle family, which will have different abilities in the game. The magic little flame of the Zeedle indicates its mood and health.
- Grow it – Zeedles can reach up to level 99. It can level up by watering it regularly. Grown-up Zeedles are stronger than a little one.
- Customize it – Zeedles can be customized with their three body parts including their Skin, Head Extension, and Aura. It will need a Growing Recipe in able to do it. A certain terrain and weather condition are also needed to successfully apply a recipe.
- Evolve it – Zeedles can evolve and reach a new stage. This will make it stronger and have a more special appearance. The evolution of Zeedles also needed recipes.
- Love it – Once you get your Zeedles, it is yours alone. It is a unique NFT that is stored in the blockchain.
The world is facing a crossroads.
One day, Evil Lord C.O. the 2. of the Disposable Islands declared war on the planet and all living creatures upon it. No one knows why he did this, but most likely he was bored. There wasn’t much to do on Disposable Islands and there were no TVs or computers to watch, either.
He’s very determined to make sure that something is going to be done about the problem. He’s not stupid, he believes in science and knows that pollution and exhaust gas will only cause chaos and destruction in the world.
Zeedles, a small band of cute and courageous little monsters, are the only ones who can stop this evil Lord. Will they grow big and strong fast enough? There is still time, but they can only succeed if they all work together.
What is Zeedz Unique Selling Point(USP)?
Zeedz is a play-for-purpose game that sets itself apart from traditional games. Here are the reasons why:
- Funding climate action by playing – For every in-game purchase, a portion of the proceeds goes to the Zeedz project pool, where it is split between projects that fight climate change.
- Real-world weather – In the game, users plant their Zeedle in a location in the real world, and their Zeedle will grow according to the weather conditions of this location.
- Educational content tied into gameplay – In order to succeed at growing a Zeedle, players must be able to monitor the weather and gather climate data. The game provides educational resources on this topic.
- True ownership – By using blockchain technology, Zeedles can exist independently of the game and users actually own their Zeedles.
- Proof-of-contribution – For every dollar, you put into your Zeedle, a financial contribution is made to a project from the Zeedz project pool.
Zeedz has laid out the steps they need to take in order to reach their goals in the best way possible. It’s easy to see how they will be able to accomplish what they want to do, and it’s clear that they have thought about everything before making this roadmap. The team behind this game has some exciting plans for the future and is working to keep its users happy by making sure they have everything they need to succeed.
What is Zeedz Use-Case?
Zeedz used a game-based approach, education, and cutting-edge technology to help fight global warming. This is how it works:
- Generate financial contributions – All purchases made in the game turn into direct financial contributions to charities that support the specific cause.
- Build a purpose-driven community – The game encourages cooperation among players by rewarding collaboration on specific actions that relate to the goal of the game.
- Create awareness & knowledge – Gameplay elements are closely linked to the purpose, and obstacles for the real-world purpose correspond to in-game challenges.
What is Zeedz Monetization Strategy?
There is no play-to-earn mechanism in place on this game yet. However, they do plan to reward their long-term supporters. After the non-profit organizations have received their share of the transaction fees, the rest will be distributed among active Zeedles. Those Zeedles who have contributed the most time and resources will earn the most.
What is Zeedz Tokenomics?
Fruiz is a digital currency that aims to help the climate by charging 1% on every transaction and turning the amount into a financial contribution to projects in the Zeedz project pool.
There are three main goals that underpin Fruiz’s design:
- Support non-profit partners in every transaction
- Minimize financial speculation
- Reward long-term supporters
Fruiz is a digital currency with a low inflation rate and a maximum supply of 750 million Fruiz.
The genesis distribution is 10% of the maximum supply, 75 million Fruiz, allocated as follows:
Who Is The Team Behinds Zeedz?
Here are the people behind Zeedz who are revolutionizing climate action and blockchain gaming.
- Ben Ebner – Founder & Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Sven Junglas – Founder & Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
- Alicia Ludwig – Chief Design Officer (CDO)
- Luka Racki – Flow/Cadence Developer
- Ana Aleqsanyan – Design Lead 2D
- Sergey Onufrienko – Backend Developer
- Mendie Leelin – Lead Game Designer
- Sharon Raburu – Social Media & PR Manager
- Lukas Motsch – Head of Operations
- Nasrin Mazaheri – Frontend Developer
- Amitabh Panda – QA Engineer
- Valdis Kudrjavcevs – Community Manager & Discord Specialist
- Chuy Avina – Marketing Manager, USA
- Florian Zeitler – Visual Tech Frontend 2D/3D
- Pascal Pape – Motion & Visual Development
- Chris Kuehner – Legal & Finance
- Matthias Lofi – Legal & Finance
- Melvin – Full-Snack Dogchain Developaw
If you want to know more information about the team, you can check it out here: https://www.zeedz.io/about
Who Are The Partners Behinds Zeedz?
Zeedz partners are:
- Allen Gannett
- Gold Standard
- Dust Ventures
- The Fabricant
If you want to know more information about their partners, you can check it out here: https://www.zeedz.io/partners
What was Zeedz Release Date?
Zeedz is planning to launch its own truly green cryptocurrency Fruiz [FZ] on Q3 of the year 2022 which can be minted by Zeedles and can be used outside the Zeedz world.
If you’re interested in learning more about Zeedz or want to give it a try, check out the website at https://www.zeedz.io/.
When was Zeedz Pre-Sale?
The pre-sale began on December 17, 2021 and ran for a month. The game managed to reach the Top #10 on FLOW. There is a total of 5,017 packs sold and $1,654,918 money raised. Right now, there are no more ZeedPacks available.
Zeedz is a fantastic idea. It’s sure to strike the interest of eco-friendly gamers, and it encourages fundraising that can make a difference in the world we live in. In addition to being a game that we hope will keep players’ hours versed in funky facts about climate change, Zeedz is meant to develop into a deeper platform for education and advocacy. We think it’s important to teach people to be concerned with the state of our world.
What do you think about this game? Do you want to try this new play-for-purpose game? If so, leave us your thoughts in the comment section below.
Official Website and Social Accounts