Looking for some of the best Basic Attention Token wallets to hold your Basic Attention Token cryptocurrency? Basic Attention Token (BAT) is a blockchain-based project that aims to radically improve the efficiency of the digital advertising industry. It operates on the Ethereum blockchain and is exchangeable among publishers, advertisers, and users.
The developers of BAT believe that publishers lose a big chunk of their revenue due to the challenges that constantly bedevil the industry. For instance, in the last decade alone, the industry lost nearly 66% of its revenue, adjusted for inflation. With this in mind, publishers continue facing falling revenue, as users feel increasingly violated. Consequently, the advertisers’ ability to evaluate the effectiveness of the services diminishes.
Basic Attention Token (BAT) is the solution to these problems. The token offers a decentralized, transparent, digital ad exchange that operates on the Blockchain. BAT collaborates with Brave, which is a fast, open source, privacy-focused browser that prevents third-party ads and trackers, and creates a ledger system that measures user attention to reward publishers based on their contribution. Let’s take a look at which Basic Attention Token wallet suits your cryptocurrency.
Brave uses BAT to compensate the browser users for their attention while protecting their privacy. Once you earn some BAT, you need a wallet to keep them safe. This guide provides Basic Attention Token best wallets, which you can consider for the security and safekeeping of your BAT funds.
Brave Wallet | Basic Attention Token Wallets
Brave Wallet website:https://brave.com/download
Brave Wallet type: Web/Chrome Extension
Ease of use: Yes
Developed by the Brave community, the Brave Wallet is the official and best crypto web wallet for BAT. To get started, you can download the Brave browser and add it as an extension. Once you download the Brave browser, you can simply add the BAT tokens. Brave collaborates with verified publishers to help users earn more revenue than they do with the present broken ad-tech ecosystem.
Importantly, you need no registration to fund your BAT wallet. As an owner, you can simply add funds with Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, or BAT through a transfer to the corresponding wallet address. It’s important to note that Brave wallet automatically converts non-BAT funds sent to the wallet, and the balance held in BAT. If you wish to convert fiat currency into BAT, you can utilize the Uphold feature or other exchanges. However, when you use other exchanges, you have to pay for the network and any exchange fee that may be applied. It’s important to note that the Brave Wallet is unidirectional. As such, you cannot withdraw your BAT funds from it. The main purpose of the wallet is to process the rewards for publishers that join the Brave Rewards program.
Ledger Nano S
Ledger Nano S Wallet website: https://shop.ledger.com/products/ledger-nano-s
Ledger Nano S Wallet type: Hardware
Ease of use: Very easy to use
Safe: Highly safe
Ledger Nano S is a crypto hardware wallet that is so far the best in the market in terms of security. If you’re looking for one of the best Basic Attention Toke wallets to protect your cryptocurrency assets, then you can consider this first and the only independently-certified wallet in the market. The Ledger Nano S wallet operates on a secure chip that delivers maximum security.
The following features make it one of BAT’s best wallets to consider:
- Top-level security: To begin with, this cryptocurrency wallet never exposes your private key. The key remains in a PIN-protected secure chip, similar to that used in passports. Besides, the Nano S wallet enjoys full certification by ANSSI, the French agency for cybersecurity.
- Simplicity: Besides, the device is very simple to use, with only two buttons to operate. All the actions you perform are confirmed on the display screen. It also comes with the Ledger Live app, which allows you to easily manage all your cryptocurrency transactions.
- Backup and restore: Importantly, your funds remain safe even if you lose the device. This is possible with a recovery option that serves as a backup for your device, which you can use to restore your account on any Ledger platform.
Trezor Wallet | Basic Attention Token Wallets
Trezor Wallet website: https://trezor.io/
Trezor Wallet type: Hardware
Ease of use: Very user-friendly
Trezor is a relatively cheaper version of a crypto hardware wallet but has nearly the same features as Ledger Nano S. It allows you to remain in full control over your passphrase and private key, which makes it highly secure and one of the best Basic Attention Token wallets.
With the seed passphrase that accompanies the wallet, you can retrieve your funds even if you lose the device. Trezor is simple to use, good-looking and has features that even beginners can easily understand.
The developers of Trezor believe that the information stored online is prone to various third party manipulations; for example, someone can easily copy and steal it. Besides, online cryptocurrency exchanges have experienced a series of hackings, which make them quite unreliable.
You can avoid these problems by going offline with the Trezor Wallet, as it was invented to give users digital freedom by securing their assets in a very straightforward manner. Top features include:
Top features of Trezor:
- Transparent security: Security researchers, as confirmed by the wallet’s record of accomplishment, audit the Trezor wallet.
- 5-star customer support: Experts are ready to help you at all times.
- Intuitive and convenient user interface: the wallet is designed for the user’s confidence and peace of mind.
Source: chrome.google.com (app)
MyEtherWallet type: Hardware
Ease of use: Yes
Myetherwallet is ideal for the storage of ERC20 tokens. The web-based, open source cryptocurrency wallet keeps the data on the browser of your machine, where it remains safe. Additionally, MEW works with other hardware wallets, such as Trezor and Ledger Nano S, which makes it easy for users that want to have a bigger area of operation.
This crypto hardware wallet puts the Ethereum blockchain at your fingertips. Designed by a team of cryptocurrency enthusiasts, it brings the most secure and intuitive way to manage and store your ETH coins and ERC20 tokens. For any concern that you might have as a user, the team is always there to help.
Top features of MEW:
- Hardware wallet support: MEW supports all major hardware wallets, such as Ledger Nano S, Trezor, and others.
- Swap: In partnership with Bity, Kyber Network, Changelly, and Simplex, MEW allows you to swap between fiat currency and cryptocurrency, ETH and BTC, ETH and ERC20 tokens.
- MEWconnect: This companion app gives hardware-wallet security to your Android or iOS Smartphone.
Metamask Wallet website: https://metamask.io/
Metamask Wallet type: Web/ browser extension
Ease of use: Yes
Like Brave wallet, Metamask is another browser extension you can consider to store your BAT funds. It mainly supports ERC20 tokens and enables you to run decentralized applications directly within your browser. Besides, you don’t have to run a full node of the Ethereum blockchain.
Metamask is available for all browsers, including Google Chrome, Opera, and Mozilla. Simply put, the extension is a bridge that allows you to view the distributed web of tomorrow in your browser today.
Key features of Metamask:
- Open source: the web wallet is readily available online and is free to access. This feature also enables the developers to review the software and update it accordingly.
- HD settings: Metamask comes with Hierarchical deterministic settings, which allow you to back up your account. With this feature, you have a seed phrase that you can use to resend lost account information.
- Built-in coin purchasing: Metamask gives you a direct link with two exchanges where you can buy cryptocurrencies. You can choose to use Coinbase to buy Ether or ShapeShift to buy both Ether and ERC20 tokens.
Other outstanding features of Metamask include top-notch customer service, simple user interface, local key storage, and a vibrant community.
Trust Wallet | Basic Attention Token Wallets
Trust Wallet website: https://trustwallet.com
Trust Wallet type: Mobile
Ease of use: Yes
Trust is a leading Ethereum wallet that supports ETH, the new ERC223 tokens, and more than 30,000 ERC20 tokens, including BAT; it became even more popular after Binance acquired it.
With Trust Wallet, your private keys remain locally stored, which means you are the sole custodian of your BAT funds. You also have the opportunity to interact with the Ethereum blockchain and run decentralized applications (dApps).
Top features of Trust Wallet:
- Simple and intuitive: You have a unified mobile crypto wallet address that you can use to manage Ethereum and all tokens. With the same address, you can participate in ICOs or airdrops. You can also send and receive Ethereum.
- Safe and secure: Trust wallet ensures that your transactions remain anonymous at all times. Your anonymity comes first, governed by the following principles:
· A server-free environment that fully localizes every installed application
· A client-based infrastructure that ensures that all your keys remain locally on your device
· Bank-standard security that protects your digital assets from potential threats
· An application-level authentication system that bars any unauthorized access through an unlocked device
The Basic Attention Token (BAT) platform is already up and running, and the first phase that comprises the Brave browser is already complete. Brave brings on board a ledger system that measures user attention and rewards the publishers accurately. To achieve this effectively, there is a need for stellar Basic Attention Token wallets to ensure that the funds remain secure and safe, and you can choose one that best meets your needs from this guide.
You can buy BAT tokens on Binance (the recommended exchange for UTB traders).