Bitcoin Price Daily report — August 14th, 2018
The BTC/USD Daily report for August 14th, 2018
The 1 day range for BTC is $5858.6 – 6251.9. It is currently down 4.48% in the last 24 hours.
Today’s Bitcoin Price Headlines
Bitcoin Falls Below $6,000; Here Are The Horror Stories
- “Bitcoin has given up its support above $6,000 and fallen below the waterline for the second time in 2018, and cryptocurrency investors — including those who got into ethereum and ripple — have been sharing their stories of woe.”
10 Things We Learned About Bitcoin Mining from Canaan’s IPO
- “1. Bitcoin miners provide an entry point to cryptocurrency ecosystem: All major cryptocurrencies run on blockchain, a public, decentralized, and distributed ledger. Miners invest the most time and energy in adding a new group of transactions, called a block, to the blockchain. As such, these firms are essential to the entire crypto ecosystem and help build demand for any crypto currency. To understand why firms such as Canaan or Ebang can become so valuable, it’s important to understand the value they create.”
BTC/USD Trading Technicals
Technicals from Tradingview.com
Well any hope for a bounce back ended pretty quickly here. We saw BTC come up about 2.5% yesterday and climb up near the $6200 on its way to better support, only to sink back down and hit below $6000 today and sit where it is now.
Indicators have flipped from turning Neutral to back to Sell and Tradingview has BTC has a “strong sell” against USD at the moment. BTC needs some good news or else it looks like we’re seeing a pattern of bouncebacks being met with losing days immediately following.
BTC/USD Trading Charts
To illustrate those technicals, we’ll show two LONG charts today.
Our first chart is from user AlanCBH:
And another LONG chart from user EXCAVO:
Daily Altcoin Events
- The Blockchain Futurist Conference Will Feature XTRD
- Unibright Will Be Listed On the QRYPTOS Exchange
- Enigma Holding Developer Forum AMA
Many altcoins featured on this list can be traded on Binance.
Bitcoin logo courtesy of bitcoin.org