Bitcoin Price Daily report — August 13th, 2018
The BTC/USD Daily report for August 13th, 2018
The 1 day range for BTC is $6292.7 – $6548.3. It is currently up 2.53% in the last 24 hours.
Today’s BTC/USD Headlines
- “Bitcoin and cryptocurrency trading volumes on Turkey’s exchanges has surged over recent days as the country battles to contain a currency crisis that looks set to continue into this week.Koinim, Turkey’s largest exchange, has reported a 63% increase in Bitcoin trading volume, while the BTCTurk and Paribu exchanges have said their volumes are up 35% and 100% respectively, according to CoinMarketCap data.”
- “In a recent article from The Washington Post, Bitcoin (BTC-USD)(COIN)(OTCQX:GBTC) was called a Total Disaster. The Author of this piece, Matt O’Brien cites the high price volatility, price manipulation, and the insanity of Libertarians who seem to believe that it’s possible to live in a society without trust.”
- “Bitcoin and the rest of the cryptocurrency market lost more than $43 billion in market value as investor confidence stalls”
BTC/USD Trading Technicals
Technicals from Tradingview.com
Well, we’re finally seeing a bit of life from BTC and its indicators. Today saw the price bounce off of $6000 and steer straight for $6500 which it hit before coming back down a bit. A +2% increase is what would be needed to get back into the $7,000 range but we’ll need to see if it’s enough.
Still, indicators are starting to shift from a STRONG sell theme all of last week into some neutral reads today. Good news for people LONG on BTC. IF the neutrals can see some buy ranges over the next few days, we may see that $7,000 mark by next weekend.
BTC/USD Trading Charts
To illustrate those technicals, we’ll show two LONG charts today.
Our first chart is from user goldbug1:
And another LONG chart from user sherem:
Daily Altcoin Events
- ZClassic Has Teased Some Major Surprises
- PROUD announces partnership with BiYoung
- PHORE will reveal its new development roadmap
Many altcoins featured on this list can be traded on Binance.
Bitcoin logo courtesy of bitcoin.org