Bitcoin Price Daily report — August 15th, 2018
The BTC/USD Daily report for August 15th, 2018
The 1 day range for BTC is $6180.0 – $6483.0. It is currently up 4.42% in the last 24 hours.
Today’s Bitcoin Price Headlines
Square’s Cash App Expands Bitcoin Trading to All 50 States
- “According to the company’s announcement, Cash App users are now able to conduct Bitcoin buy and sell transactions in all the U.S. states.”
Bitcoin is ‘Useless’ and ‘Ridiculous’ Says Paypal’s Ex-CEO
- “Bitcoin will continue to fall, because “there’s just no value there,” former PayPal CEO Bill Harris told CNBC on Tuesday.
“The cult of bitcoin [makes] many claims — that it’s instant, free, scalable, efficient, secure, globally accepted and useful — it is none of those things,” Harris said on CNBC’s “Fast Money.”
BTC/USD Trading Technicals
Technicals from Tradingview.com
A big bounce back for BTC and the market after a very, very bleak Tuesday (especially for altcoins). BTC nearly reached $6500 today but has remained about 4% up for the last few hours, with signs of staying around the $6400 mark, with a potential of steadily climbing. It was the rebound we needed and there is some renewed hope of reaching upper fundamentals right now.
But we’ve also seen the last week seesaw between ups and downs, so will we see swing traders trade today’s gains tomorrow and start this back up again. We know that we’ve seen support for BTC around $5900, so we may see that tested again. For now, we’re looking upward though.
BTC/USD Trading Charts
To illustrate those technicals, we’ll show two LONG charts today.
Our first chart is from user CryptoManiac101 who is looking at the long history of BTC
And another LONG chart from user tradecoinplus:
Daily Altcoin Events
- Cardano has teased a special announcement for today!
- Silent Notary (SLNT) will launch its mainnet
- BitTube Is Introducing Its Crypto Credit Card
Many altcoins featured on this list can be traded on Binance.
Bitcoin logo courtesy of bitcoin.org