Bitcoin Price Daily report — August 16th, 2018
The BTC/USD Daily report for August 16th, 2018
The 1 day range for BTC is $6212.9 – $6476.7. It is currently up 2.58% in the last 24 hours.
Today’s Bitcoin Price Headlines
Blow To Bitcoin As Coinbase CEO Makes Stark Warning
- “Bitcoin and cryptocurrency adoption rates around the world are growing, but not quickly enough to prevent the bitcoin price from falling — and now the chief executive of San Francisco-based Coinbase, one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges, has warned that widespread, mass bitcoin adoption for payments is going to be a long time coming”
There’s Now an Exchange-Traded Bitcoin Note That American Investors Can Buy
- “If you want to buy Bitcoin without actually buying Bitcoin, you now have another way to own the controversial digital currency.”
Jim Cramer Thinks ‘Sun is Setting’ On Bitcoin
- “I think the tide has turned against it. I’m not saying its time has passed, but there is a notion that the sun seems to be setting.”
BTC/USD Trading Technicals
Technicals from Tradingview.com
The good news is that we’re now seeing consolidation around $6400; where had a big drop down below $6000 two days ago and then a big up near $6500, the 24 hour prices have tightened around where are now. We’ve seen another 2%+ day, with some altcoins making double digit growth moves. A string of good news on the crypto front today as prices are coming back. We should expect a correction from today’s bounce as well.
And just to stay leveled despite two days of growth, we’re seeing ‘Strong Sell’ from moving indicators; so we may have some ways to go.
BTC/USD Trading Charts
To illustrate those technicals, we’ll show two LONG charts today.
Our first chart is from user goldbug1 with a LONG suggestion:
And another LONG chart from user ForecastCity:
Daily Altcoin Events
- AMA with Brendan Eich (Founder of BAT Token) today on Reddit
- EQUAL Token will finish its new website re-design
- Blockchain Talks Amsterdam
Many altcoins featured on this list can be traded on Binance.
Bitcoin logo courtesy of bitcoin.org