The VeChain platform was launched in 2015 to improve and reorganize the supply-chain management. The platform’s native token is VET, which carries the value transfer function on the entire VeChain blockchain and the activities associated with it. Looking for some of the best VeChain wallets? Read on.
If you’re receiving, sending, or just keeping some VET tokens, you need a secure cryptocurrency wallet to hold your funds. The wallet you choose for your VET coins should allow you to have control over its private key. This means you’ll be able to access your digital assets at any time. There are many options to choose from, including desktop wallets, hardware wallets, paper wallets, mobile wallets and more.
All the same, before you choose a wallet for your virtual funds, you should consider outstanding features that could make you choose one and leave the other. Popular features include password encryption, 2FA, and PIN codes. Such features ensure that no one has access to the contents of your wallet except you. In this guide, we list VeChain’s best wallets to hold your VET tokens.
VeChain Thor Wallet
VeChain Thor Wallet website: https://wallet.vechain.org/
VeChain Thor Wallet type: Mobile
Ease of use: Easy to use
The VeChain blockchain launched the Thor Wallet immediately after the release of the Thor mainnet. Initially released as a light mobile crypto wallet app, the objective of the wallet was to give the VeChain Thor blockchain a “powerful, secure, simple, and fully functional portal.”
The Thor Wallet is available for download on both Android and iOS versions. Since its launch, it continues to receive positive feedback from the community, as a modern and reliable means to store VET coins and VTHO tokens. It comes with the following features:
- Robust security protection
The VeChain Thor wallet has passed various stringent security tests, making it one of VeChain best mobile cryptocurrency wallets. Before its launch, the product went through a series of security checks, including source code review, functional test, session management audit, smart contract audit and more.
Besides, the wallet offers additional layers of protection, including fingerprint ID, 2-Factor Authentication, repeat prevention, POST data encryption, local data encryption, reverse protection, and more. These security features ensure that your VET funds remain safe at all times.
- Cross-platform Crypto Asset Management
In addition to efficient security measures, the VeChain Thor Wallet offers a suitable environment for digital currency transactions. For example, it allows users to swap their VET tokens through the Observe Wallet function effectively. It is also easy to perform X Node binding, which allows them to see the balance of their digital assets in their VeChain Thor desktop and hardware wallets.
Guarda Wallet website: https://guarda.co/
Guarda Wallet type: Mobile, Desktop, Web
Ease of use: Easy to use
There are many different wallets for users to hold and store their VET tokens, but Guarda wallet offers a different approach to how users deal with their digital currencies. Guarda wallet is a multi-asset and multi-platform cryptocurrency wallet that allows users to safely store, handle, send, receive and exchange their virtual currencies.
Guarda wallet supports a long list of cryptocurrencies and they are all the time analysing the possibility to add new digital assets to their wallet. Some of these coins include Binance Coin (BNB), Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin (LTC), Ethereum (ETH), Cardano (ADA) and, of course, VeChain (VET).
There are many different wallets in the market but Guarda has a different approach to how to deal and manage virtual currencies. Specifically, they allow investors with more than just one cryptocurrency, to hold all their assets together in the same wallet.
In addition to it, the multi-platform approach that the company decided to follow helps individuals deal with their virtual currencies in a fast and easy way. The crypto market currently needs wallets, platforms and services that would offer friendly interfaces for individuals.
According to trustpilot, over 84% of Guarda wallet users rated the wallet as “great” or “excellent.” Just 9% of the users considered that the Guarda wallet offered a “Bad” service. The remaining votes were distributed equally for “Poor” and “Average” categories.
Trust Wallet | VeChain Wallets
Trust Wallet website:https://trustwallet.com/
Trust Wallet type: mobile
Ease of use: Yes
Trust Wallet is an Android and iOS product that you can consider to store your VET funds. It is secure, reliable, and embraces an open-source code that is audited by security experts. You can also access the Trust Wallet through an online browser and use it to send, receive, or store various digital coins and tokens. Coins and tokens supported include:
· Ethereum (ETH)
· All ERC20, ERC223, and ERC721 tokens on Ethereum Blockchain
· GoChain (GO)
· POA Network (POA)
· Callisto (CLO)
· Ethereum Classic (ETC)
· VeChain (VET)
· WanChain (WAN)
On Trust Wallet, your private key remains locally in your device, so it’s never shared with any third party. However, it’s important to note that Trust Wallet has no 2FA, but it comes with a backup facility that aids simple recovery. Besides, thanks to its collaboration with Kyber Network, the wallet has a built-in decentralized exchange for easy trading, as well as a built-in Web3 browser that you can use to directly connect with decentralized applications through the Trust Wallet app.
Top features of the Trust Wallet include:
- Security: your private key remains locally stored and protected with many layers of security.
- ERC20 Compatible: the wallet supports any ERC20 and ERC223 tokens on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Multi-currency: This multi cryptocurrency wallet supports major crypto tokens and coins
- Anonymous: No one ever has access to your personal information. The wallet always keeps your data private and secure.
Overall, the Trust Wallet offers a simple, solid solution with more flexibility, even better than the Thor Wallet. The presence of a decentralized exchange and Web3 browser just makes it better. However, its security features are limited.
Cobo Wallet | VeChain Wallets
Cobo Wallet website: https://cobo.com/
Cobo Wallet Type: Hardware/Mobile
Ease of use: Easy to use
Cobo is one of VeChain’s best wallets as well, and you can utilize it to send, receive, and store your precious VET coins safely. The wallet, which serves both hardware and mobile platforms, is secure and simple to use. Its features are the following:
- Secure data transfer: with its “air-gapped” functionality, it keeps your transactions safe from any hacking attempt. This is achieved by eliminating all Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC, or Bandwidth capabilities that may lead to network infiltration.
- Military Grade Durability: Cobo prides itself in being the first hardware wallet to match the US military standard of security. It embracesMIL-STD-810G with waterproof rating, as well as IK9 certification.
- Multi-currency support: Cobo is a multi cryptocurrency wallet that supports all the major cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Litecoin, Ethereum Classic, and more than 500 tokens.
- Next-Generation Security: It comes with a bank-grade encryption chip with customized firmware to meet BIP 32, 39, and 44 protocols. This ensures that the private key remains in the encryption chip at all times.
Top features of the Cobo Wallet include:
- All-in-one wallet: it’s both cloud and HD wallet.
- Multi-currency platform: It supports more than 20 chains and more than 500 tokens.
- Rewards investment: It provides digital asset growth tools for PoS and PoW coins.
- dApp store: Cobo hosts and powers some of the world’s popular dApps.
Overall, Cobo Wallet gives you the opportunity to stake POS wallets and generate income. Besides, with Cobo, you have a built-in dApp store, dApp browser, and dApp SDK for developers. Even though it’s relatively new on the market, its outstanding features are a testimony that it will remain one of VeChain’s best crypto hardware wallets and mobile crypto wallets.
Ledger Nano X
Ledger Nano X Wallet website: https://shop.ledger.com/pages/ledger-nano-x
Ledger Nano X Wallet type: Hardware
Ease of use: Very easy to use
Safe: Very safe
The Ledger Nano X is a secure, Bluetooth-compatible device that stores your private keys to make sure all your digital assets are safe wherever you go.
The following are the top features of the Nano X Wallet:
- Top-level security: The Nano X Wallet stores your private key in its certified secure chip (CC EAL5+). This is the same chip used in highly secure applications, such as passports and credit cards.
- Easy backup: Your crypto funds will remain safe even if you lose your device. This is made possible by the 24-word recovery phrase that accompanies the wallet at the time of initialization. You can use the passphrase to recover your account on any Ledger device.
- Simplicity: The Ledger Nano X Wallet was designed to be as intuitive as possible. Two buttons and a display screen – that’s all you have to control your device. You can manage your transactions right from your Smartphone or computer using the Ledger Live PC and Mobile apps.
- Mobility: Since the product is Bluetooth enabled, you can connect it to your smartphone using the Ledger Live Mobile app wherever you go. Besides, never worry about the security of your funds while using this functionality because all Bluetooth communications have full, end-to-end encryption that shields against any security threat.
- Multicurrency: The Nano X multi cryptocurrency wallet can accommodate up to 100 applications—all at the same time. Major cryptocurrencies are supported, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple’s XRP, and many more – you can manage all your assets under one roof, at the same time.
To ensure that your VET assets remain safe, you need a dependable cryptocurrency wallet. Crypto exchanges are always vulnerable to hacking attacks, which is why you need a wallet that you can fully manage and control.